Ali J Eisner
Birthday May 13th, 1973
Favorite Color Aqua
Puppeteering, children’s television and music are interests Ali has fostered since childhood. Eisner launched a career in children’s television 20 years ago as a host on YTV. Ali has worked extensively in Canada and the US, performing and creating for shows on NBC Universal, Nick Jr, CBC, TVO, FOX, YTV and Disney – often collaborating in a wide range of mediums. A writer, director and multi-instrumentalist, Ali has also composed and scored for broadcasters throughout their career. In 2004, they began working for TVO on “Gisele’s Big Backyard,” (a spinoff of Polka Dot Door) where they continue to puppeteer “Jay” the Blue Jay and also take on roles as a producer/writer/composer. In 2007, Eisner was approached by CBC to perform “Mamma Yamma,” who they embodied until April, 2013, receiving several Gemini nominations and national acclaim. Upon their departure in 2013, Ali won a Youth Media Alliance Award for composing “Wowie Woah Woah” – a music video about how learning is awesome. In 2014, Ali took the roll of Supervising Producer at 30 Rock in NYC, show running for Sprout/NBC.
Gemini Nomination 2009 “Best Performance in a Pre-school or Youth Series” as “Mamma Yamma” on Kids’ CBC
Gemini Win 2010 “Best Pre-school Series” for Kids CBC – Producer / Writer on Kids’ CBC
Gemini Nomination 2011 “Best Performance in a Pre-school or Youth Series” as “Mamma Yamma” on Kids’ CBC
Gemini Nomination 2011 “Best Pre-school Series” – Producer / Host / Writer on Kids CBC
Youth Media Alliance WIN 2013 “Wowie Woah Woah” – Composer/Puppeteer Best Television Program, Ages 3 to 5 – Kids’ CBC
10 Things About Ali.
1) When I was 11 years old I set up my own tv/radio station in my bedroom. My microphone was a tube of toothpaste.
2) My first puppet was an Ernie puppet. My folks bought it for my 6th birthday.
3) I ride a motorcycle. I love it.
4) Coffee is my favorite smell, but I don’t drink it.
5) My partner is a rock star and is awesome.
6) The first instrument I learned to play was the drums.
7) I am obsessed with house painting. I could paint for hours. At 4am.
8) My favourite musician is Stevie Wonder. We also share the same birthday.
9) In my other life I was a musician. I performed in Lilith Fair & had giant hair.
10) “Free to be, You and Me” was the album that shaped my childhood. Joni Mitchell shaped my Youth.